Burmester Amp Location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 12:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT
Burmester Amp Location

Dearest Members,

In order to install aftermarket DSP and amplifiers, I am trying convert audio output from factory radio to a set of RCAs. Factory radio has fiber optic output to Burmester amp, so my plan is to intercept that fiber optic cable output and convert to RCA signal. There is an aftermarket converter box with fiber optic in and RCA out. This will result in better SQ than traditional high level input to your DSP.

Please share the location of the Burmester amp if anyone has encountered somewhere in the car.

P.S. Alexfor8, I am certain that your schematics have been a great help for many members. Hope you have something for this as well.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
You should find it by (under) the subwoofer in the rear hatch area passenger side.

The following users liked this post:
MasterJohn (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT
Thank you dlefty!!
Looks like a perfect location to install all necessary gears. Also, looks like the sub can be replaced with 10" JL into the existing enclosure.
This will simplify the install. Only wire needs to be run is the 12V from the battery in the engine bay, and I can utilize speaker wires plugging into the factory amp.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
17 AMG GT
Originally Posted by MasterJohn
Dearest Members,

In order to install aftermarket DSP and amplifiers, I am trying convert audio output from factory radio to a set of RCAs. Factory radio has fiber optic output to Burmester amp, so my plan is to intercept that fiber optic cable output and convert to RCA signal. There is an aftermarket converter box with fiber optic in and RCA out. This will result in better SQ than traditional high level input to your DSP.

Please share the location of the Burmester amp if anyone has encountered somewhere in the car.

P.S. Alexfor8, I am certain that your schematics have been a great help for many members. Hope you have something for this as well.

Hey sorry for the revival. What did you use to convert the fiber optic signal to rca?
Old 06-05-2020, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
I doubt the fiber optic in to RCA out converter box worked! Fiber optic is digital, RCA is analog. So your converter box would need to be a DAC that can communicate with the source so it knows the sample
rate of the signal.
And there is No Way it would sound better, as the OP thinks.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Originally Posted by MasterJohn
Dearest Members,
Factory radio has fiber optic output to Burmester amp, so my plan is to intercept that fiber optic cable output and convert to RCA signal. There is an aftermarket converter box with fiber optic in and RCA out. This will result in better SQ than traditional high level input to your DSP.
No, it will not. You are converting digital to analog. The quality of the DAC matters, a lot. If you’re planning to use an aftermarket DSP, you need to figure out how to keep the sound digital, not convert to and from digital and analog additional times.

[OOPS! Wrote the same thing 2 years ago. At least I’m consistent!]