Cost of ownership of an AMG GTs - Page 2 - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > AMG GT
Cost of ownership of an AMG GTs >

Cost of ownership of an AMG GTs

Notices
AMG GT The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. Its front mid-engine design with a rear transaxle, the use of aluminium lightweight construction and its newly developed AMG 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine underscores the hallmark of AMG driving performance.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of ownership of an AMG GTs

Old 01-05-2019, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘18 GT R; ‘17 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription; ‘14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
Originally Posted by boltonblue View Post
was there a particular aspect of amgfan1's post you found offensive? seems logical advice to me.
The guy; (or more likely pre-pubescent male), is a 100% troll on these boards. Heís not worth one second of anyoneís time. Since he has never uttered even one positive thing about AMGs, Iím frankly surprised he hasnít been banned. Best to place him on your ignore list as I have done.
The Following User Says Thank You to thebishman For This Useful Post:
JSwan724 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 11:14 PM

15 AMG S63 4-matic coupe
duly noted.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:26 AM

'08 E63 AMG
What's the issue with the transmissions and which cars did it effect? I was speaking with a MB tech and he mentioned seeing some early production cars with transmissions getting replaced.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by P Rock View Post
What's the issue with the transmissions and which cars did it effect? I was speaking with a MB tech and he mentioned seeing some early production cars with transmissions getting replaced.
i believe it was the driveshafts, as Iíve said before. A limited number were recalled.
The Following User Says Thank You to AMG 17GT For This Useful Post:
thebishman (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 10:44 AM

'08 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT View Post
i believe it was the driveshafts, as Iíve said before. A limited number were recalled.
Thanks
Good to know for anyone prospecting one. Does this mainly effect early production cars? If so, do we know the dates? Would Edition 1 models be at risk?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘18 GT R; ‘17 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription; ‘14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
Thanks
Good to know for anyone prospecting one. Does this mainly effect early production cars? If so, do we know the dates? Would Edition 1 models be at risk?
It was very early production cars, and there was a recall for the transmission driveshaft. I imagine the vast majority, (all?) have had the upgraded part installed by now, but legally even a vehicle out of warranty should have a recalled part that fails replaced gratis. Iím not a lawyer btw, but suspect Iím correct on this.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:51 PM

AMG GTS
Thanks
it shouldnít really be of any concern since it is a recall, it remains open until repair is done. So I wouldnít even hesitate to buy one of the recalled ones as you will have the new part!

I have the number somewhere, but again, it applies to very early production, and only 100-some total vehicles.