Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Unique Gear for Sports Car Drivers

Please visit THE DRIVER'S GEAR BOX at driversgearbox.com
Unique Gear and Accessories for Sports Car Drivers

Unique. Passionate. Perfectionist. Three attributes that describe what sports car drivers are all about. Sports car drivers have needs that are different, led by distinctive tastes and the particulars of sports car design. If you are a sports car driver like me, you live every day the reality of sports car design impacting what you can wear and carry with you when you want to enjoy a spirited drive. However, unlike motorcycle and racetrack fans who can easily source their equipment from specialty stores, touring gear for drivers is not easy to find but it does exist, mostly in Europe, and tends to be produced in limited quantities.

This site was created to conveniently give access to these hard to find "Drivers' Gear" under one roof, featuring unique and high quality accessories, designed in both style and function for sport car drivers. I’ll keep looking for motorsport gear that is unique and noticeable. If I find something great, I’ll import a small shipment and post it on this site. When it's gone, it's gone. If you want me to keep you posted on new arrivals, please sign up on the home page. If you find something amazing for drivers, please share your thoughts on the Feedback section. Don't forget to visit the GearBlog!

Driving Shoes

Jim Clark Collection

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 01-13-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
How do you like the Evora S? Been looking at this for a bit: http://www.sagelotus.com/new/Lotus/2...7ac6f28566.htm
Old 12-09-2015, 06:37 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Nice color combo! See a picture of mine below.

Really hard to think how I could ever part ways with this car. It's so intense, so raw, so pure. It's doesn't compare much to anything else I have ever driven. It has its own category. Plus it's so rare that it gets noticed a lot.

This is why I'm thinking of adding instead of replacing. The one thing that the Evora doesn't have is the ridiculous pulling power on a straight line of my previous tuned CLS 63. If I want to have Lotus-like handling and AMG-like power, I'm afraid I'll have to get to a McLaren 650, or a Ferrari 488...pretty much the same price range for a single car as buying both a Lotus and an AMG. I tried a GT S recently and although I love the styling and the sheer power, it doesn't cut it for me. I'll have a look at the upcoming McLaren 570 and see what I do.

My Evora S is manual and the one you're looking at is automatic I think. The only thing I can say is try it on curvy roads, 270 degree exits and the like. Let me know what you think!

Good luck!

Old 01-13-2016, 08:56 AM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Snow and salt all over Toronto so I have more time to take care of stocking properly for the Spring. US members, you may want to take advantage of the super low C$ (70 cents in the dollar). All prices on the site are set in C$. Plus get an extra discount of 10% during the month of January on any purchase of at least C$200 by using the coupon code mbworld2016 on the checkout screen.

I have some of the super nice leather items in stock but many need to be ordered from the shop in Italy, especially if you want them custom made to your liking. Ordering now will get them you on time for the Spring. Happy Winter.

www.driversgearbox.com

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 01-13-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:33 PM

2014 Lotus Evora S
Last weekend to enjoy the discount...