Tuning in Sydney

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250
Tuning in Sydney

Hei Guys,

Note to Admin, sorry if I created a new thread if there is an ongoing thread already. Thot I'd do this since there is one, asking for it in Brisbane but none in Sydney.

Noo B here. gentle with the flame. just want to b nice to provide info.

Been lurking around but so hard to find some good experience in Sydney. So I thot I'd post this and also make it easier to find.

I bought a used W203 2007 C180K coupe in the model designation here as Super Sports. I think this is the runout model with minimum amg'ish facelift. Exterior and interior looks the same as US W203 C350 coupe.

I had a A190 with clutchless manual for 6years and love the power to weight ratio. Have always liked the C coupe series. I like small cars. Spent 6 months looking for the right one but could not find a nice C200K. This one came online and decided to go for it.

Man-o-man I suddenly lost so much power. I drive it in S mode on 98RON. IMO C mode stands for crapout. So got onto net and onto this forum. Did lots of reading but no action until 8 months later got in contact with Sonny @ Morannos. He has since started another, Autowerks. You can find him in the Sydney thread.

I'm a little sceptic "wuzz" when in comes to mods. and wants to keep it as OEM as possible.

Sonny gave very good experience as he had the same car before. However I still procrastinated for another few months.

Finally, could not live with the low power anymore. My wife has a 2003 C200K sedan and it so much better in drivability, even my daughters on L complained. So I took the plunge BUT I only wanted ECU mod nothing else. Sonny, and you guys in forum would have done more. Again, I did not want the insurance or compromise MB stat warranty.

I'm a very happie chappie now. Sonny got me another 72nM of of torque around the 2800 rpm mark, which is top of the street driving range.

In standard, when needed, it will rev till its red in its face where there is no more usable power left and still would not change up. I have to manually change.

After mod and reset, I've trained it to change at 3k rpm but due to MB tranny delay, it slurs at 3800. But that OK, at least the next gear up will be in the power range of the tune.

The car now drives so much better. It does not hunt as much but I still have to manually change it sometimes. As I lived around the hills, lots of ups and downs that gets the MB auto tranny confused.

I think the auto trans computer needs to be tuned. Anybody knows where?

Sonny has done a good job. He got me 17nM more torque than what Powerchip documented.

Its only 2 weeks that I've been driving with Sonny's mod. So I do not know what the long term implications are.

I've also posted a dustless brake topic, if anybody is searching.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55,S500,C200 KOMP,SV300 ,LANDCRUISER SAHARA
Jeremy,

Glad your happy with the tune and feel the gain in torque .For those who dont know,i am no longer at Marranos,I have now opened a new premises in Beverly Hills In sydney details are below

Autowerks Automotive

169 Penshurst st
Beverly Hills 2209

9570 1066

www.autowerksautomotive.com.au

Also,does anyone here know who to contact to change my username ? as i,ve emailed just about every contact on this forum

Heres some pics of the new place below,when i get time i,ll post some more pics

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]