Mercedes Dealer Recommendations is Australia?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NA
Mercedes Dealer Recommendations is Australia?

Hello, I am looking to buy my first Mercedes. Any recommendations on dealers in Australia (NSW or VIC?)? Someone willing to negotiate on price and reasonable to deal with would be nice. I'm looking at an AMG but I don't know if that makes a difference.

If for some reason you'd rather not post their details, feel free to send me a private message too.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by australisblue; 01-28-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E90 320i, D23 Navara, EL XR8, 207 E200
it may not be of any significance to you but i find the guys at barloworld mornington victoria to be quite friendly and accomodating and im not even buying a car just alot of car parts haha
Old 12-02-2019, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
NSW and Vic is a large selection, incl regional I guess ?
Some self discipline will help focus the sellers to your requirements.
Decide what you want, colour, style, accessories - advise what is negotiable and what is must have minimum spec. Have it printed out and in email form.
Some Dealers may already have your ideal car on a ship, unsold and will be prepared to sell whilst it is in transit, easy for both of you. Some Dealers will internally transfer stock from other dealers by agreement as well.
Look at a broker to get that deal you want - if you are using an Employer sponsored Novated lease option, send an email to 4 or 5 Novated providers seeking quotes, we had best prices from WA and FNQld, that were basically matched by our local Vic Dealers, after some moaning and groaning on their part !!!
Demand complete breakdown of coatings so you can slice and dice $$ amounts, reducing Dealer delivery from $6k to $2k helps too.
Negotiate 4 days about from end of month as Factory Bonus sometimes worth Dealer ‘loosing’ one one sale to capture Factory Bonus for meeting set sales figures.
Good luck.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 E350 FL Mercedes Sedan
suggest you try Newcastle Mercedes. I have found them very easy to deal with buying 4 Merc's 2013 - 2021 Talk to Phil Martin
Old 09-17-2021, 03:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GLA35 (2021) | Patagonia Red | AMG Aero, Vision & Innovation Packages | 21" AMG Matte Black Rims
3 Point Motors in Fairfield. They are without a doubt the most pleasant, helpful and trustworthy dealers I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Purchase both my cars through them. Everything from the buying experience to after-sales service is second to none. Family owned business. 3 Point Motors has dealership showrooms in Kew, Fairfield and Epping (Fairfield is my go-to).__PRESENT
Old 09-24-2021, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Extract from recent article :
The semiconductor shortage will cost the auto industry $210 billion in lost revenue, according to consulting firm AlixPartners.

The pandemic slammed many supply chains, but the supply chain issues in the semiconductor business fell particularly heavily on the auto industry, with big auto brands like BMW and Volkswagen, Ford and General Motors all warning of the impact of the chip shortage on production.

AlixPartners has almost doubled its prediction of estimated losses since May of $110 billion to $210 billion. It's forecasting that auto makers won't produce 7.7 million units in 2021, up from 3.9 million in its May forecast. The drop in output is mostly but not solely down to the global chip shortage.

Chip foundries, or contract semiconductor manufacturers, generally focus investments in higher value chips for computers and smartphones using new manufacturing processes. The auto industry was caught out because vehicles use cheaper chips created with older production techniques for vehicles' micro-controlling units (MCUs).

Intel, for example, is struggling to achieve a 7nm process. IBM is experimenting with 2nm technology. And while semiconductor giant TSMC in July announced it had achieved a 30% bump in MCU output, automotive was less than 5% of TSMC's revenues in Q1 2021. The company predicted semiconductor supplies remain constrained until 2023.

Hope this gives some insight into next 18 months, Oz is a small market in the Global game and RHD vehs even smaller percentage.

Good luck in sourcing new vehs, I can only assume used veh prices will continue to be maxed out for a while.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GLA35 (2021) | Patagonia Red | AMG Aero, Vision & Innovation Packages | 21" AMG Matte Black Rims
Originally Posted by Teckno
Extract from recent article :
The semiconductor shortage will cost the auto industry $210 billion in lost revenue, according to consulting firm AlixPartners.

The pandemic slammed many supply chains, but the supply chain issues in the semiconductor business fell particularly heavily on the auto industry, with big auto brands like BMW and Volkswagen, Ford and General Motors all warning of the impact of the chip shortage on production.

AlixPartners has almost doubled its prediction of estimated losses since May of $110 billion to $210 billion. It's forecasting that auto makers won't produce 7.7 million units in 2021, up from 3.9 million in its May forecast. The drop in output is mostly but not solely down to the global chip shortage.

Chip foundries, or contract semiconductor manufacturers, generally focus investments in higher value chips for computers and smartphones using new manufacturing processes. The auto industry was caught out because vehicles use cheaper chips created with older production techniques for vehicles' micro-controlling units (MCUs).

Intel, for example, is struggling to achieve a 7nm process. IBM is experimenting with 2nm technology. And while semiconductor giant TSMC in July announced it had achieved a 30% bump in MCU output, automotive was less than 5% of TSMC's revenues in Q1 2021. The company predicted semiconductor supplies remain constrained until 2023.

Hope this gives some insight into next 18 months, Oz is a small market in the Global game and RHD vehs even smaller percentage.

Good luck in sourcing new vehs, I can only assume used veh prices will continue to be maxed out for a while.
Thanks for that insight. I was incredibly lucky to be able to source my brand new GLA35 from the dealership that I have dealt with in the past when I purchased my CLA250. They had only one for the entire year, in the exact colour and spec that I was after!! The chip shortage didn’t affect my build either and all the functionality is still in tact (incl AR nav, kick sensor auto tailgate, wireless charging, Burmester sound system, etc). It was amazing timing too as we were in need of an upgrade to something slightly bigger.