I took "Brutal", for a road trip ..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 04:19 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe
I took "Brutal", for a road trip ..........

G'Day Folks,

Having only just purchased my C63, AMG Coupe-aka- "Brutal", I was keen to take it for a bit of a road trip, to see how it goes.
The vehicle was with M-B on Tuesday this week, for a B level service and some generic warranty replacements.

So yesterday, I picked up my Mum and we went for a drive, South on the Monaro Highway to Cooma, then East on the Snowy Mountains Highway, thru Nimmitabel, down the Brown Mountain and onto Bemboka, and the South Coast of NSW.
Once we hit the Princess Highway, just North of Bega, we turned North and headed to Cobargo, then turned East, and headed for Bermagui.
We stopped at a mates home at "Bermi", for a "Pit Stop".
We then went to the Fisherman's Co-Op at the wharf for lunch, and had a great feed of Fish & Chips (Fisherman's Basket actually - and I highly recommend it)!
After the feed and stretching our legs a little, we got back into "Brutal" and headed North again, thru Narooma, Bodalla, Moruya and then stopped at the petrol station at Mogo, and filled up with 98 Octane.
It took 44.5 Litres of fuel, to fill "Brutal's" tank and we had traveled 401 Kms at this point. Once I got home, I did the sums, and this translated into 11.1 Litres/100 Kms or 25 MPG (I was impressed).
So we then continued heading North, thru Batemans Bay, then turned West onto the Kings Highway.
We continued on thru Nelligen up the Clyde Mountain, and onto Braidwood. We stopped at a relatives place there (Justin F), to see his new home and have a Catch-Up with him.
We kept this stop short, as I wanted to get home, before dusk, when all the Skippy's and Bambi's come out to Play .........on the road.
We then got back on the road and headed for Bungendore, then on a bit further via Smith's Gap, and the Federal Highway, and headed back to Canberra.

I think the round trip for the day, totalled 580-ish Kms.
"Brutal" was meek and mild, for most of the road trip, and Brutal (to the rear tyres), when that was required.

I'm exceedingly impressed with this vehicle!
M-B, you do a great job!

This only confirms, what I already knew; That "American's- make Cars, Guns and Scopes, whilst Europeans- make Automobiles, Firearms and Optical Equipment".

D'oh!
Homer

Last edited by Homer Oz; 06-28-2019 at 06:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
meeso (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 01:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
w213 e220d
Gday Homer.. Whilst ours is a nice sedate diesel E class, we did enjoy the hell out of our trip back from Moama, where the Bendigo MB dealer met us to do a rego handover from Vic to NSW. Awesome drive, though we did kill fantastic mr fox on the return leg. No car damage, Fox however...

i think the entire trip was spent trying to get used to the wizardry that kept deciding what the car should be doing (lights, lane assist, radar cruise etc) all things weve never had before..

think we averaged 4.4lt/100 on the leg back. Thats better than my Moto too :P . It made our previous car seem hideously thirsty, though it was sipping at 8.9 lt/100 - not bad for a block of flats (discovery)
The following users liked this post:
Homer Oz (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 02:51 AM

C63 AMG Coupe
G'Day Folks,

Yes Messo, I'm still coming to terms with all that wizardry myself.
But apart from cruise control and the Hold function, I don't utilise much else.
I prefer to do so much of that, myself.
Thats "Smell of an Oily Rag" type ecomomy, your getting from your E Class and good to hear mate.

Nice to hear you nailed a Fox Messo, without any damage to your vehicle.

Regards
Homer
Old 07-04-2019, 11:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
w213 e220d
im not happy about the fox... Silly bugger couldnt make his mind up, went left, i swerved right, then he changed direction and ran into the car...

anyway, such is life.

one of my neighbors has a C63, im not sure how often he changes his rear tyres, but its one hell of an autistic artist if you get me drift..
Old 07-05-2019, 01:35 AM

C63 AMG Coupe
Messo, it's not like there are a shortage of Foixes mate. Better one of them, than some Native species.

LOL! x 100, Yes Messo, I do believe I do get your "Drift" ================

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer