Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Installers in the MD/DC/VA area? sub and amp installation prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
Installers in the MD/DC/VA area? sub and amp installation prices

i have a 03 clk500 with the factory bose setup. I dont want to pay Tweeter or Best Buy their crazy installation prices and need a person who knows his way around a benz. I need help choosing a sub (probably go with soundstream) and amp...need a proper box for the car...and need someone to install for relatively cheap.

Anyone in the maryland, dc, northern VA area that can do an install?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1979 911SC, 2001 E55, 1999 CLK430, 1993 190E 2.6
I would still suggest using one of those 2 you listed (Tweeter preferred) knowing that they work on MB all day long and that you would get a top notch install.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
it's supposed to be fairly easy installing a sub and amp. I just dont know anything about it to do it myself. They apparently just use the wiring from the sub in the back to link to the new amp.

I'm looking for someone that can do it well, and not charge $240 just to install the amp.

thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Originally Posted by dkim
it's supposed to be fairly easy installing a sub and amp. I just dont know anything about it to do it myself. They apparently just use the wiring from the sub in the back to link to the new amp.

I'm looking for someone that can do it well, and not charge $240 just to install the amp.

thanks
I was happy with Autosound Systems back when they were doing ASC's high-end audio work in Arlington. I think they may be called "AV Art" now and in Rockville, but I don't have a current number for them.

My dealer suggested Car Spa in Arlington. I've spoken to them and they seemed to know what they're doing, but I haven't had them do anything yet.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Originally Posted by dkim

thanks
I was happy with Autosound Systems back when they were doing ASC's high-end audio work in Arlington. I think they may be called "AV Art" now and in Rockville, but I don't have a current number for them.

My dealer suggested Car Spa in Arlington. I've spoken to them and they seemed to know what they're doing, but I haven't had them do any work yet.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500 Silver/Black Sport/Sunroof/Comfort/Entertainment Packages, Icon-TV DVD & headrests
Goto any custom audio/video/alarm installer and they should have no problems getting it done. There's Hurley's in Tysons and CarTrendz in Alexandria. I've had work done in both places and seen products of their work in all kinds of high-end vehicles. Get-ir-done