Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Nokia 6310i with Command install help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Nokia 6310i with Command install help needed

Im wondering if any here can give 'exact' info on getting a Nokia 6310i mobile working with my Command unit in one of my w209 CLK's.

I have just moved a command unit from one CLK to the other and thanks to Braybrookes its now up and running in my other CLK. Now im looking at getting my Nokia 6310i working with the command unit. I know you need the cradle, the interface and maybe a wiring loom etc - im wondering if anyone here knows exactly whats needed with part numbers etc and maybe can give some advice. I want the phone to work directly from command with sound through the car speakers.

Any advice is well received.

Cheers
Old 03-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shanusanus
Im wondering if any here can give 'exact' info on getting a Nokia 6310i mobile working with my Command unit in one of my w209 CLK's.

I have just moved a command unit from one CLK to the other and thanks to Braybrookes its now up and running in my other CLK. Now im looking at getting my Nokia 6310i working with the command unit. I know you need the cradle, the interface and maybe a wiring loom etc - im wondering if anyone here knows exactly whats needed with part numbers etc and maybe can give some advice. I want the phone to work directly from command with sound through the car speakers.

Any advice is well received.

Cheers
It takes exactly 5 min to remove a COMAND from a CLK .... tisk tisk.

Shopping list for UHI installation.
------------------------------
- UHI main harness
- UHI controller
- armrest extension cable
- microphone wire harness for overhead
- rear-view mirror with microphone (+ dimming + garage opener)
- main UHI contact plate
- armrest for phone equipment (may be in place)
- inside trim panel for phone UHI setup
- armrest cable clips for inside armrest (not visible)
- 6310i cradle
- rear window aerial transponder - thru-glass
- external aerial base
- 1/4 wave aerial to fit to external aerial base
- signal compensator (some feel it is optional)
- cable management clips in C-pillar
- fibre optic cable suitable for expansion of existing fibre optic cables in place.

You can go a lot cheaper with an old NON-UHI 6310i setup. I wouldnt bother myself.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
[QUOTE=miroj]It takes exactly 5 min to remove a COMAND from a CLK .... tisk tisk.

I removed the Command unit myself - braybrooks helped with the adaptor that goes from the Audio10 plugs to the 1 plug thats needed to go in the back of the Command unit.

As for the mobile phone setup - I was under the impression that all was needed was the cradle, interface and afew wires.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=shanusanus]
Originally Posted by miroj
It takes exactly 5 min to remove a COMAND from a CLK .... tisk tisk.

I removed the Command unit myself - braybrooks helped with the adaptor that goes from the Audio10 plugs to the 1 plug thats needed to go in the back of the Command unit.

As for the mobile phone setup - I was under the impression that all was needed was the cradle, interface and afew wires.
I think you would be best of mailing MBENZNL. If for one alredy offered you the full install parts list for the phone system. If you dont have an antenna and microphone then you might have a hard time using the phone.

www.mbenznl.com .... the original source of your COMAND adaptor and phone kits.