Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Calling all audio gurus...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 E55
Calling all audio gurus...

I have searched this forum but have not found the exact answer to my question so here goes:
I want to add one 12 inch or two 8 inch subwoofers to my 02 E55 (I have the COMAND with Nav and Bose speakers but no subs). I can see the 2 holes in my rear parcel shelf where the subs are supposed to go into but where can I find the stock subwoofer wiring? I would assume that MB prewired the car for the subs right? Once I located the feeds can I just feed them into an amplifier that will accept speaker level inputs and hook the new sub(s) to it? BTW, the sub(s) will be mounted inside a custom enclosure instead of the rear deck. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Almost a Member!

I would find the Bose amp, take a look at the inputs and see if there is anything missing, or compare them to the Bose amp wire input diagram. Maybe your vehicle did not come equipped with the amp that has Subwoofer speaker wires b/c your vehicle didn't come equipped with subwoofers.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Almost a Member!

02 E55
Where is the Bose amp generally located in a W210?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Almost a Member!

You should search in the W210 forum, and see if anyone mentions the location, or ask someone.