Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

e211 with UHI and SE K700i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e211 with UHI and SE K700i

hi all i have a 2004 e211 with uhi have been using a k700i with the cradle and having real problems, the dealer has swapped the phone unit, linguatroic unit to cure problems with the phone locking up / being unable to answer in coming calls.

the phone has been unbranded from orange, has the latest firmware still same, i have even used another 700i and get the same problem

anybody using the same phone? or do you have any issues? does anybody know of a software level in the phone and phone control that works?

thanks

kenny
Old 04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
The K700i + UHI is basically unusable. Haven't found any combination of phone firmware and UHI module level that actually works.

At least you can charge the phone! The handsfree is unreliable, the phonebook is unreliable, basically it is not working. I am willing to let a few bugs or glitches go by, but really with this combination your only recourse is to pick the phone up out of the cradle and hold it to your ear.

-s-
Old 04-19-2005, 05:16 PM

thanks scorchie, cant even get the dealer to return my calls now.........dont suppose you know if / when the v635 will be supported in uhi?

thanks

kenny
Old 04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hash67
thanks scorchie, cant even get the dealer to return my calls now.........dont suppose you know if / when the v635 will be supported in uhi?

thanks

kenny
Actually the dealer may be trying to return your calls and you just can't receive them due to garbage UHI cradles!

But really, the V635 would have been supported by the already existing V600 cradle, except that the V600 cradle was quickly discontinued due to having a lot of bugs. I can't imagine that it was worse than the K700i cradle though. There are no plans that I am aware of for a new Motorola cradle; all of them have been discontinued as of now.

I would suggest the SE T630... the phone isn't as nice as the K700i but the UHI integration is quite good.

-s-
Old 04-19-2005, 07:57 PM

2003 SL500
Originally Posted by scorchie
I would suggest the SE T630... the phone isn't as nice as the K700i but the UHI integration is quite good.

-s-
Let me second that recommendation. I have a SE T637 UHI setup (thanks, Scorchie!) that has been working quite nicely. Rapid charging, callerid in-dash, muting and hands-free send/receive calls, phone book, voice activation, all work great.

The one thing that doesn't quite integrate seamlessly is recent calls and redial. For some reason, not all calls made while dockedin the UHI register in the phone call memory, making redialing a tricky proposition.

But aside from that, I'm very happy, it's much safer and more convenient, enough so that I'm sticking with the SE T637 despite being a Nokia bigot.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:50 AM
VBD

Originally Posted by scorchie
The K700i + UHI is basically unusable. Haven't found any combination of phone firmware and UHI module level that actually works.

At least you can charge the phone! The handsfree is unreliable, the phonebook is unreliable, basically it is not working. I am willing to let a few bugs or glitches go by, but really with this combination your only recourse is to pick the phone up out of the cradle and hold it to your ear.

-s-
Not sure why you are having problems with this K700i and the UHI in the W211, Sorchie, but I have this setup for my Comand 2.0 in my CLK (W209) and it works flawlessly. Likewise my mate has this setup with his CLK (W209)with the newer DVD comand and his wife has it in her SLK(R171 with DVD comand) and it also works flawlessly for them.

The only bad thing about the whole setup was having to remove the flap covering the power connector of the phone. I recokn that they should have designed the cradle such that you could leave this on but other than this the only other thing I noticed is that the voice quality seems to be clearer than my older Nokia 6310 setup.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VBD
Not sure why you are having problems with this K700i and the UHI in the W211, Sorchie, but I have this setup for my Comand 2.0 in my CLK (W209) and it works flawlessly. Likewise my mate has this setup with his CLK (W209)with the newer DVD comand and his wife has it in her SLK(R171 with DVD comand) and it also works flawlessly for them.

The only bad thing about the whole setup was having to remove the flap covering the power connector of the phone. I recokn that they should have designed the cradle such that you could leave this on but other than this the only other thing I noticed is that the voice quality seems to be clearer than my older Nokia 6310 setup.
OK, so we have you, another person I know, and the OP of this thread where it doesn't work. And we have you, your mate and his wife who has it where it works.

That's 50% success rate... pretty poor don't you think?

Thanks for posting that at least some people have it working well. Our cradles are pretty early production, I wonder if there was an engineering change; we have ordered replacements to see if there is an improvement.

-s-
Old 04-21-2005, 06:09 PM

hi all update to this issue, dealer has swapped the cradle for a nokia 6230 one for free, there is a confirmend issue with e211 comand and the k700i, they recommend a specifc level of AA0033 i have AE0033 software, mine is later but still has the problem

they will report back to mercedes to see if they can get a fix, the 6230 works very well

it works in new clk, but they have a different comand

cheers

kenny
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 AM

CLK200
Hi All

Got delivery of my CLK200 with Comand and SE700i phone and cradle. Have been having endless issues with the SW700i, phoning locking up, unable to answer, unable to make a call. It is like the phone has disconnected from the cradle. Remove and re-insert the phone and it works for a while.

Have spoken to the dealer and he has asked me to bring the car in to check the cradle.

Regards
VJN

Last edited by VN995; 04-25-2005 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling