Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

connect treo to bluetooth uhi possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
connect treo to bluetooth uhi possible?

hi,
i have a new e-class with bluetooth uhi. when i try to connect my treo 650 to it, it is identified as uhi-sn 2776 and asks for a password (4 digits). my mercedes dealer doesn't know the password... any idea where to get it? is it even possible to connect my treo 650 via bluetooth to the car? thanks for help
Old 04-23-2005, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
factory setting usually either 0000 or 1234, Good luck.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
you cannot connect a phone to your car via BT. Search the forums.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:47 PM

@dtkw: have tried both
@sunman: i searched, but as it seems with the wrong search terms...
you say there is no way to connect any phone via bluetooth? what is the bluetooth supposed to connect to then... is it only for headsets then?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM

06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Bluetooth

That is my understanding. It will not allow a phone to connect. I assume therefore it is for a headset.

Jeff
Old 04-24-2005, 02:15 PM

06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
Bluetooth

That is my understanding. It will not allow a phone to connect. I assume therefore it is for a headset.

Jeff
Old 04-27-2005, 06:59 PM

WRONG....

I have connected many different Sony Ericsson models to the Comand using Bluetooth.......I forces you to put the same 4 didget code (any you select) into both devices to get them to link...........However after linking i can not figure out what else works. When I hit the TEL button it asks me to connect to the cradle.

Trending Topics

Old 04-27-2005, 07:56 PM

2013 w204 C350
Originally Posted by Quiznos
WRONG....

I have connected many different Sony Ericsson models to the Comand using Bluetooth.......I forces you to put the same 4 didget code (any you select) into both devices to get them to link...........However after linking i can not figure out what else works. When I hit the TEL button it asks me to connect to the cradle.

No your WRONG you friggen dope. Are you seriously retarted or something, look at what you wrote above. After linking I cannot figure out what else works, HOW ABOUT NOTHING!! It is only for a headset; jeez I wish some people would use the search button!

fazooley
Old 04-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Mik

Yes, you can pair with the SonyEricsson phone, because it has the headset profile implemented from both sides: the Audio Gateway and also the Headset. That doesn't do you any good though, except that now you can use the Sony Ericsson's Microphone and Speaker to talk (using the phone that is connected with wires). In other words, the phone technically becomes a headset.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by Mik
Yes, you can pair with the SonyEricsson phone, because it has the headset profile implemented from both sides: the Audio Gateway and also the Headset. That doesn't do you any good though, except that now you can use the Sony Ericsson's Microphone and Speaker to talk (using the phone that is connected with wires). In other words, the phone technically becomes a headset.
Since UHI doesn't have a privacy handset feature anymore, it could be considered useful... but then it might be easier just to take the first phone out of the cradle. But then we're not getting the external antenna, and thus are violating Mercedes' strong warning that active antennas that are not very low power should not be used in the interior of the car.

So yeah, get two T637s and you're set.

-s-
Old 04-28-2005, 12:05 PM

2003 SL500
Originally Posted by scorchie
But then we're not getting the external antenna, and thus are violating Mercedes' strong warning that active antennas that are not very low power should not be used in the interior of the car.
-s-
What, according to Mercedes, is the danger of using an active antenna within the car? Do I need to ask my passengers to switch off their cellphones and return their trays and seatbacks to the upright and locked position?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ToonArmy
What, according to Mercedes, is the danger of using an active antenna within the car? Do I need to ask my passengers to switch off their cellphones and return their trays and seatbacks to the upright and locked position?
Doesn't anybody ever read their owner's manual?! I don't remember what it is but it has something to do with the electronics. It's right there in the manual of every Mercedes I know of. If you've seen some of the weird errors I've seen with the electronics, you might be a bit more understanding. Or, it might be their way of selling more overpriced crummy phones. I don't know! I do know that on some S-/CL-/E- models, the glass cuts down many dB on the reception within the car, so an external antenna is really helpful.

p.s. I don't think your seatbacks recline very much... so it should not be a problem! The tray tables are an option on the S-class though.

-s-
Old 04-28-2005, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by fazooley
No your WRONG you friggen dope. Are you seriously retarted or something
lmao
Old 04-29-2005, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Do you know what brand of your Bluetooth device is? I don't think Benz has Bluetooth yet in their cars.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:23 AM

2003 SL500
Talking

Doesn't anybody ever read their owner's manual?!
I stopped reading right after the paragraph saying "ensure that any repairs or modifications to electronic components are carried out by an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center"

I don't remember what it is but it has something to do with the electronics. It's right there in the manual of every Mercedes I know of.
Right enough, it's in my SL manual at least twice, under "Controls in Detail" p. 199, and "Operation" p. 223. Allegedly, "Doing so could lead to a malfunction of the vehicle's electronic system, possibly resulting in an accident and/or serious personal injury"

Seems like BMW and Jaguar salesmen should keep a copy of that handy and point it out to prospective Mercdes buyers. Is this a case of lawyers gone mad, or is M-B engineering really that pathetic?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Right enough, it's in my SL manual at least twice, under "Controls in Detail" p. 199, and "Operation" p. 223. Allegedly, "Doing so could lead to a malfunction of the vehicle's electronic system, possibly resulting in an accident and/or serious personal injury"

Seems like BMW and Jaguar salesmen should keep a copy of that handy and point it out to prospective Mercdes buyers. Is this a case of lawyers gone mad, or is M-B engineering really that pathetic?
I dunno... it's the same thing I wonder when I get on a commercial flight. Shouldn't a bunch of terrorists just get on a plane with their cellular phones and then all turn them on at the same time?

-s-
Old 04-29-2005, 06:39 PM

2003 SL500
I dunno... it's the same thing I wonder when I get on a commercial flight. Shouldn't a bunch of terrorists just get on a plane with their cellular phones and then all turn them on at the same time?

-s-
Ah, this one I do know. The real issue there is not interference with the plane's electronics, but messing up the ground-based cellular system. The cellular system is built assuming that a particular cell phone is visible to maybe a couple towers at a time, and moves slowly between them. It's not equipped to deal with 300 phones suddenly appearing overhead at 500mph and hitting every tower from here to the horizon.

The solution to this is to place a cellular repeater on board, so that all the phones latch onto that instead of hunting for ground-based towers. Of course, this does change the businessmodel for GTE Airphone.

But yes, the "party line" on cellphones on planes does make the TSA security screening seem rather silly, if all the terrorists had to do was turn on their cellphones. Statisticaly, how many passengers on the average flight forget to turn theirs off, would anyojne guess?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah, this one I do know. The real issue there is not interference with the plane's electronics, but messing up the ground-based cellular system.
Yeah, I was talking about terrorists taking down our infrastructure by messing up the cellular system on the ground.

But then why do the announcements concern affecting the planes "navigation system"?

And with GSM, you most likely can't get a signal from more than one tower at 35,000 feet...

-s-
Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 PM

2003 SL500
Yeah, I was talking about terrorists taking down our infrastructure by messing up the cellular system on the ground.

But then why do the announcements concern affecting the planes "navigation system"?

And with GSM, you most likely can't get a signal from more than one tower at 35,000 feet...

-s-
Well, there are two regulations governing this (I found this here )

One is FCC Reg 22.925 which prohibits the use of cellular phones while airborne. This was put in place with the original 800 MHz analog phones, and apparently was based on a real possibility of ground tower interference. I don't know how real this is in current systems. or whether GSM v. CDMA makes a difference.

What is undeniable is that use of cellular telephones while airborne does pose a grave threat to the revenue shared between the airlines and the Airfone operators. Cherchez la moolah.

The other regulation, this time from the FAA (14 C.F.R 91.21), prohibits the use of PEDs (Portable Electronic Devices) that have not been certified to be free of potential interference with aicraft systems. Again, it is not clear how much this is based on actual versus perceived problems.

There are a couple analyses of the topic, one by Jon Auerbach of the Wall Street Journal and the other congressional testimony by Dale Hatfield of the FCC.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:10 PM

2003 SL500
To resurrect an old thread, the FAA is indeed worried about terrorists using cellphones on board aircraft:

Cell phones on planes worry US law enforcement
Old 05-28-2005, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Originally Posted by christian.baier
hi,
i have a new e-class with bluetooth uhi. when i try to connect my treo 650 to it, it is identified as uhi-sn 2776 and asks for a password (4 digits). my mercedes dealer doesn't know the password... any idea where to get it? is it even possible to connect my treo 650 via bluetooth to the car? thanks for help
I dont think you can connect the treo or any pda phone by bluetooth even if it has a bluetooth capable. the reason for this is that the cell phone companies has disabled that option on the PDA phone cuz you can hook your laptop and surf the net and not pay any data transfer. its the same signal that you use when you try to connect your phone in the car. if you buy any phone that is not a PDA like the Motorola V600 or any sony ericsson phone you should be able to connect with no problem. my friend had that problem with his blackberry on his BMW but was able to connect with any other cell pohne that has bluetooth. good luck