Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Problems with Rear Speakers??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 12:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 AMG E55
Problems with Rear Speakers??

I have a 2001 E55 and was wondering if any of you have experienced the same problem (well at least I think so) with their stereo system (in particular the rear speakers).

My brother (who drives an 1994 Canadian spec M3) sat in the back seat of my car and noticed that there was no sound coming out of the rear speakers (the ones that are farthest back).

I decided to take it in to Fletcher Jones to see what was up with it.

I was told that those speakers were subwoofers and only emitted bass and no mids or highs.
I thought that was a bull**** answer as most 8 speaker audio systems had rear speakers with low(bass) and mids and not just subs.

I was meaning to test out the speakers on an E Class on the showroom floor but hadn't found the time.

Was wondering if any of you can test it out yourselves and let me know what you hear (or don't hear).

Looking forward to any input that you may have.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Problems with Rear Speakers??

Originally posted by Edmond W.
I was told that those speakers were subwoofers and only emitted bass and no mids or highs.
I thought that was a bull**** answer as most 8 speaker audio systems had rear speakers with low(bass) and mids and not just subs.
Hey Edmond!

You're right! That was a BS answer. I can hear mine work great. And they are not subs but true speakers with mids and probably highs too. Hope this helps.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 AMG E55
Thanks James

I'll go to the dealer and check out the one on the showroom floor and have them look at it again.

If I have any problems, then maybe I can meet you at Fletcher Jones one weekday/weekend and get them to listen to your rear deck speakers.

Thanks a bunch.

Edmond
Old 06-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem edmond.

I might be replacing my sound system soon. I'm doing some homework with mobile fantasy.