Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need help with Subwoofer install.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 55, M3 Coupe
Exclamation Need help with Subwoofer install.

I am soon to be getting a 2003 S600 and I wanted to know what do you need to install 3 12' subwoofers in it???
Old 06-24-2002, 02:15 AM

'02 c230 coupe
one really good install shop.

i would be afraid on a car like that, it can be done easily, though. just need line converters and plenty of amplification, what kind of subs. I can save you some time and money. One 12" or 13.5" JL w7 sub will hit as hard or harder than most regular 3 12" boxs. Just make sure you use about 1000 watts of power and reinforce the box with fibreglass
Old 07-07-2002, 09:23 PM

Mercedes-Benz 300D TURBO 1987
Subwoofers in a Mercedes

If you are looking for tight, accurate bass in a 600 level Mercedes, you won't get it by putting three subwoofers in a sealed box that aims at the tail end of your car's trunk. Mercedes has gone to great lengths to make your car quiet inside. The only thing three subs in a sealed box will do it vibrate the trunk lid and entertain the kids on the block when you drive by them. To obtain tight, accurate bass in the interior of your car would require a ported box with a design allowing part of the port to be external so it could exit from the top and protude through a hole in the rear package shelf. Any single 12" quality subwoofer would work, but you might want to look at some that require a small enclosure. The quality of the bass will depend more on the box design than on the brand of the sub. P