Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CD Changer Problems 02 C230k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Changer Problems 02 C230k

I am having major issues. My changer will not function from the radio. It is stuck on TRACK 11 CD1 and will not respond. I can open the unit and remove the magazine but it will not play anything and will not allow me to change anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Did you search for solutions that users here have tried when having CD changer problems, such as pulling the fuse to reset it? If not, you may want to try some of those remedies before shelling out $400 for a replacement.

-s-
Old 05-11-2005, 06:54 PM

I've tried disconnecting the main power harness to the unit and I've also checked the fibre optic cable and that hasn't helped. If I disconnect the battery or pull the fuse for the radio will I have to get a code to reset the security feature on the radio?

Regards,
Steve
Old 05-11-2005, 06:56 PM

On a further note.... when I disconnected the CD Changer I tried powering up the radio and it still thinks that the changer is plugged in..... it stays on that same screen. The only thing I can do from the CD screen is adjust the audio paramaters.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Steve C
On a further note.... when I disconnected the CD Changer I tried powering up the radio and it still thinks that the changer is plugged in..... it stays on that same screen. The only thing I can do from the CD screen is adjust the audio paramaters.
I do believe there was a thread that discussed issues with disconnecting the CD changer and then forgetting to close the fiber loop and the results thereof. STFF