Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Hard Wired My Passport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Hard Wired My Passport

I just hard wired my passport radar detector. The only problem is it doesn't turn off with when i turn off my engine. I have to manually turn it off. I hard wired it VIA fuse box on the driver side. Does anyone have any suggestion on which fuse to use? They seem to be all live.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430, CLK500, SL500
I would use the same one as your radio or another fuse that is turned on and off, ignition should work as well.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
If the wiring in your car is like my CLS, you will have to find a fuse in the engine compartment to find one that is switched to the key. I tried to find on on the side dash panel and they are all on all the time. Had a professional install my and he reached way up and found the wiring harness where it come thru the fireway from the engine compartment main fuse bus. Pushed a piece of HD speaker wire thru and then tap on to that. Good luck with the modern wiring/electical circuits of today.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by tomk
If the wiring in your car is like my CLS, you will have to find a fuse in the engine compartment to find one that is switched to the key. I tried to find on on the side dash panel and they are all on all the time. Had a professional install my and he reached way up and found the wiring harness where it come thru the fireway from the engine compartment main fuse bus. Pushed a piece of HD speaker wire thru and then tap on to that. Good luck with the modern wiring/electical circuits of today.
christian... just swing by the store and Ill find it for you!!!