Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Stereo Integrity MAG D2 prototype

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 300CE, 1999 528i
Thumbs up Stereo Integrity MAG D2 prototype

I want to thank Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity for letting me be the first to demo the new D2 prototype.

If you are dieing to see pictures of the exact sub that was tested in the back of my truck right now, you can go to www.stereointegrity.com . There are a few small pictures up on the site. Also, Nick posted some other pictures up in the Stereo Integrity forums on www.TeamSSAudio.com .

I will save the long review for my upcomming momentum article (shameless plug http://momentum.soundillusions.net ). But I only had a few days to listen to it and then I sadly had to let it go and send it off to the next person in the demo ring.

The proto was sitting in a 2 cube box, tuned to 27/28 hz, with about 44.5" of port. I want to thank Tirefyr and mrray with assistance on the box design. As usual I over built the box, but did not have time to lay down glass or hone out the port as much as I like.

I had 3 amps available to choose for testing, all three of different power, (RF 250a2 334 watts, Cadence Z800 450-470 watts, and Orion 2500D 2600+ watts). The Cadence carried the load. With impeadance rise I am sure the sub saw closer to 400 if not a hair less. The test head unit in my truck currently is an Eclipse 5430 (5v) my 8053 is destined for my 300ce, and the line driver is the AudioControl Overdrive. I choose to pull my Phoenix Gold Bass cube for the test so I could get the most unfiltered un processed sound I could send to the sub. Test vehicle is an Explorer 4x4 4 door, a naturally good testing platform for street style set ups. My 300ce has a sealed trunk and I wanted to be able to hear everything being produced.

To get to the point, SI built an IMPRESSIVE piece. I have less than an hour listening time on it, and I am already sad that I have to let it go to the next testor. I am not going to compare it head to head against anything else because this test is about this sub and how it does in my set up. But I can tell you that this is the heaviest 12" sub I have played with. The design is all business and so is the sound, not to mention the build quality is top notch for a prototype. For now I will tell you that with my limited time with it, I can honestly say it is probably the most well rounded 12" I have ever heard. I am not claiming to be an expert but I have listened to a large amount of subs and I can tell you I want one, no make that two as soon as possible. That is if Nick does not let me buy the prototype. For sub of this nature, and with the purportionally low amount of power it is seeing, my truck was getting beat to death. For running mostly SQ installs in my truck in recent years, the new "MAG" D2 has better SQ then I have owned, while making me worried about the integrity of the structure of my truck.

I will give a full run down in my article on momentum. As of now, I can say that if you have the money and want a 12 or 15 that is going to rock your vehicle the new "MAG" is flat out one of the best options available.

Thanks again goes out to Nick and the boys at Stereo Integrity for reassuring my faith in that a little company can build something of high quality and high performance while giving great customer service.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:23 PM

1993 300CE, 1999 528i
here are a few pictures during the demo testing

Old 05-13-2005, 03:24 PM

1993 300CE, 1999 528i
here is a couple of vids shot on saturday afternoon at the Maryland Hunt cup,

the music is Rusted Root, I choose this song because the bass is very low, and the sub just jumps when played with it, hope you guys like it, sorry about some of the backgroup chatter

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...totype12.2.wmv