Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand Swapping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Comand Swapping

........I just picked up my car and swapped the comand from the previous car to the new one and connected the MB TV tuner. The previous car is an o3 G55 and the new car is an 05 G55. TV worked fine in the previous car, but I am unable to get Tv to work in the new car. Same comand, same harness, same Tv tuner. All items moved from the 03 to the 05. The comand was already programmed and working in the 03. Do I need activate Tv via star program again? Is the Tv activation not specific for the Comand unit? Need help ASAP. It says "TV not available at the moment, please contact MB dealer"

Ted
Old 05-16-2005, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
............power feed to the MB Tv tuner is from the red and brown wires that plug into the topmost receptacle next to the fuse on the Tv tuner itself, correct? I took power from the cig liighter to the red wire and tested it with a circuit tester and there is power. Yet it appears that there is no pwer to the Tv tuner. Is there a wake up signal to the tuner?

ted
Old 05-17-2005, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Ted, got your mail. Red is power constant and brown is ground. There is no wake up on the tuner. It appears it's simply not powering up. Test the TV antenna amplifier circuit and see if there is power there after turning the comand on. Any chance something got shorted out? You do not need to activate TV again if it was already done once. Check all connections behind comand. Sometimes those pins pop out when you plug the connectors in.