Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Stereo System Replacement w124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo System Replacement w124

I just recently purchased a '92 300e from my dad for $4000. A month after I bought it the altenator went out and three weeks later the fan quit. All together this cost me $660.

Well, I just got my car back and I think when the relay burned out during my fan failure It shorted out the speakers in my car because two of them don't work and the other 4 make static noises. I had been considering replacing the stock MB head unit and getting a CD/mp3 player. Now I am going to have to get new speakers.

Can anyone tell me what the speaker size specs are for my car and any suggestions they may have on speakers and a CD/mp3 player. I am a poor college student so I probably won't be purchasing anything soon but I would like any and all advice before I purchase a stereo system. I will have to pay someone to install it for me but I have no experience with audio system stores and I need to find out what shops will install parts that I haven't purchased at their shop. I am looking for low-mid range speakers that are comparable to the stock ones I used to have and the same for a head unit.

I have been looking at JC Whitney and they claim to have speakers that will fit my car. Has anyone ever used them before?

Thanks for any help,
Case