Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2001 C240 - Alpine CD Changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 - Alpine CD Changer

Hi all...

I've been looking around lately and I have found some sites advertising adapters to plug an alpine MBUS changer into the Fiber Optic mercedes factory deck connections for my car.... I have two questions... FIrst.... has anyone used this kind of adapter with success? Second... I'm curious about going one step further and using an Alpine AI-Net MP3 Changer.... Crutchfield sells an adapter which allows you to use an AI-Net changer with an MBUS deck.... I'm curious if I could stack these two connectors together in order to use an AI-Net changer with my factory deck.... Does anyone have any advice/input as to whether this is a possibility?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
I thought the MBUS-AINet adapter is just a cable and that you need to have a CD changer that has a switch for MBus/AINet on it... like the S634.

-s-
Old 06-10-2005, 02:10 AM

can you explain what you mean to me? the s634 is exactly what I bought, but I haven't busted it open yet because if I can't put it in my car, I'm going to sell it on ebay... (I bought it for like half price at an electronics store that's going out of business... no returns)
Old 06-10-2005, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by johnnyboy_98
can you explain what you mean to me? the s634 is exactly what I bought, but I haven't busted it open yet because if I can't put it in my car, I'm going to sell it on ebay... (I bought it for like half price at an electronics store that's going out of business... no returns)
What I mean is that there is no "AINet to MBus adapter" which allows you to use an "AINet changer with an MBus deck". If your deck needs MBus, you need a CD changer that supports MBus. The S634 supports both AINet and MBus. If you get a CD changer that supports only AINet, there is no "adapter" to help you hook it up to an MBus deck.

-s-
Old 06-10-2005, 02:13 PM

ok, I'm confused... Crutchfield sells an item from alpine that they describe as "Female AI-Net to Male MBUS adapter...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gynyRnX...ch=alpine+mbus

so you're saying that I don't need this because the 634 also supports Mbus? If it truly supports mbus so you can plug and play without any adapters/confusion I'm going to be a happy camper, because I've been told by a few people that AI-net decks won't work with mbus because they require 2 way communication, rather than being completely controlled by the in dash stereo like an Mbus...

Also, can you point me in the direction of where to go for the fiberoptic-mbus adapter? I had found it a week ago, but no sign of it in my searches last night...
Old 06-16-2005, 12:36 PM

Anyone? help please?