Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

voice interrupt question for aftermarket nav.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55 AMG,2006 ML 350
voice interrupt question for aftermarket nav.

l just had work done on my car, l had navtv and the new alpine vehicle hub installed so i can input various video and audio sources !l have factory screen.sirrius satellite,dvd based nav and l can add an adaptor for ipod (which l dont need)nav looks perfect(kenwood nav),my only problem which l am trying to resolve is l dont seem to be able to hear audio interuption from the nav when l am listening to a different source ie sat radio!! l am calling alpine tech to see if this can be resolved,they are suggesting possibly hold down the source button on the remote!! doesnt work!
l think l have to use an alpine nav unit with the hub,anyone with knowledge of this or any info to allow voice interruption would be appreciated.l want to be able to see the screen and listen to another source ie sirrius and have the nav interrupt the sirrius!!
http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/...g_tech_vhub.htm

Last edited by shauns55amg; 07-08-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:46 PM

1979 911SC, 2001 E55, 1999 CLK430, 1993 190E 2.6
What Kenwood Nav is it? Off the top of my head it think it was a KNADV2100,that had to use a seperate speaker to hear the directions for certain screens. May want to check that or if it has an audio out on the Nav unit.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 S55 AMG,2006 ML 350
l have the 4100 model.l just did some research on the alpine site and it says if l use an alpine versatile link terminal (kca-410c) connected to the hub an auxilliary source will be allowed to interupt the current audio source, so l will be able to listen to the nav voice guidance when it occurs while l am listening to dvd,cd or sirrius,so l guess that answers my question,l will have to take it back to the shop and have it adjusted!!with the new navigation units in new vehicles you can view the nav screen and listen to radio etcwhereas you can only use one source with this hub.l was hoping to be able to view the nav screen(without putting in a destination)and listen to radio etc.