Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Question on Motorola V60i to V600 GSM Phone. Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
Question on Motorola V60i to V600 GSM Phone. Help!

Ok- after searching the forums- i still can't get a clear answer to a question.

I just bought a Sl500 2003, with a V60i CDMA phone. Since I have Cingular GSM as a provider, I need to change phones.

Can i just buy a new Mercedes V600 phone kit from the dealer?
Will it work on my 2003 car?

Or is my only option to use either the mikbox/ UHL kits?

I know the V600 kit from the dealer will be more expensive than the mikbox, but will it work? I just want to know my options.

Thanks Guys! This board is great!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
i have the V600 with mikbox it works well!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by Trekman
i have the V600 with mikbox it works well!
what he said....

www.mikbox.com
Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by Vendetta
I didn't know about it until I joined the forum here, but I'm glad I read about the Mikbox. I believe AMG2GO pointed me in the direction when I was looking to hook up my non-MB V600. Anyways, I have my plain ol' Cingular-branded V600 hooked up to my CL now, and it works like a friggin charm. Firmware updates are immaterial now, as the Mikbox seems to be version agnostic. Works with a bunch of Moto phones, but you need the right cradle. Mik'll hook you up.

One tip I can offer phone users (if they're obsessive like me) is to program up the phonebook with following formula for names: Use the first 10 characters for name (filling any remaining of the 10 with spaces), then use the last 6 for location (HOME, MOBILE, OFFICE fit perfectly). This will break up the display nicely on the dash LCD with the first row being the name and second row being the location.

Cheers,
-V
Definitely MikBox. I turned up a new line for $9.99 with Cingular for the car phone. NO voicemail option for the new number. I forward my every-day mobile to the car phone when I'm in it. When someone calls, it rings a LONG time (no VM option) for me to be able to scroll through the dash display to see who's calling before it rings out. No one ever needs to remember or dial the car phone number - just my regular mobile number. Works absolutely perfectly.

-V
Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Almost a Member!

SL500
looks like i'm going with mikbox! the mercedes GSM v600 phones at the dealer right now will only work for 2005 and on models. so if i want to stick with cingular- i will need to get mikbox. otherwise i will just have to signup with verizon which will support the V60i phone i have in my car right now.

any news on when the mikbox will be able to support the razor? that phone looks bad ***!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
if you get the razr just buy the parrot bluetooth handsfree car kit like fazooley:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=parrot