Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

I-Pod for 05 SL600...and TV too?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600 Designo, Graphite Gray, Panorama Roof
I-Pod for 05 SL600...and TV too?

Guys;
Sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find it and Dension's site sucks, as does their customer service (3 emails, no response).

Can an IPod be interfaced to an 05 SL with DVD/Comand? I find NO aux port in the glovebox.

What about the TV conversion kit or any item that will allow me to play DVD's?

Any help would be very appreciated.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Unfortunately there is no AUX port in the '05 SL. Also (unless something has changed) the new iPod integration kit does not work in the '05 SL.

My solution was to burn a DVD of my music in mp3 format. I am not sure how many songs a DVD can hold in mp3 format, but I have 600 on the one I burned. The COMAND reads the DVD and you can set it up to play the songs randomly or in order. It sounds good and I don't have to worry about forgetting my iPod in the car.

The one drawback of this solution is that music that you purchased from Apple is in a different format and cannot be read. I haven't figured out what to do about this yet.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
you can get DVD playback by swapping the US comand for a euro comand...the euro comand does not support sat radio though.
The euro comand is compatible with the mercedes TV tuner...this TV tuner has 2 sets of RCA jacks (AUX in).

The SL DVD comands are manufacured by SIEMENS and SIEMENS comands (S-class, CL and SL) do NOT have an AUX in which is why the Ipod kit does not work for these cars (lack of AUX in)...

Dension only offers Ipod kits for the CD rom based comands (as far as I know).

If MP3s are important - you can swap the CD changer out for one that is MP3 compatible (which has just been introduced by mercedes for these cars)...the changer can only read one album and up to 99 songs though...

greetingz,