Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CD Changer Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CD Changer Problem

So the other day I hit my CD changer button and it said "NO CD CHANGER". i checked the wires in the back and they are all connected and the CD changer has power but doesn't read the CDs. I have an Extra CD changer at my house from my old CLK that I was totalled and that one didn't work either. What is the problem? How do I get this fixed? Thanks in advance. If it makes a difference, this is for a '02 CLK 430. The CD changer is stock.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by BenzKid200
So the other day I hit my CD changer button and it said "NO CD CHANGER". i checked the wires in the back and they are all connected and the CD changer has power but doesn't read the CDs. I have an Extra CD changer at my house from my old CLK that I was totalled and that one didn't work either. What is the problem? How do I get this fixed? Thanks in advance. If it makes a difference, this is for a '02 CLK 430. The CD changer is stock.
When that happened to me, I had to pull the fuse to the head unit, reconnect
fuse and power on the head unit. I entered my radio code and the system scanned the fiber loop and all worked just fine.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...........CD changer problems are so common in the fiberoptic era of mercedes vehicles, that it has become routine. If you have a phone, a malfunction in your phone can cause your HU to say no CD changer. Most of the time all that is required is to re-tell the car via Star program that it has a CD changer. Some inexperienced MB techs have gone ahead and replaced the changer all together. Fine if you have a warranty, but hurts like a kidney stone if you don't.

Ted
Old 07-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........CD changer problems are so common in the fiberoptic era of mercedes vehicles, that it has become routine. If you have a phone, a malfunction in your phone can cause your HU to say no CD changer. Most of the time all that is required is to re-tell the car via Star program that it has a CD changer. Some inexperienced MB techs have gone ahead and replaced the changer all together. Fine if you have a warranty, but hurts like a kidney stone if you don't.

Ted
Ya no warranty left. How do I tell the car it has a cd changer?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...............the dealer can do this for a free or nominal charge. Just tell them not to replace the changer.

Ted
Old 08-10-2005, 04:12 PM

help

if you send me your changer i can fix it for a $75 plus s&h, yeah i know your wondering who the hell is this guy, i'm a tech from alpine whick who supplies the changers to benz and bmw, i'm working on the side to help you guy out in turn helping me out, i have a one year warranty on parts and labor, i will be posting my service on the forum soon. if you have any question feel free to contact me.