Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bose Audio Pilot Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 C220
Bose Audio Pilot Problem

Has anyone found a solution for the fluctuating volume on the Bose Premium systems. I have a 2003 ML350 (Inspiration) with the automatic adjustment on the volume to compensate for ambient noise/speed, etc. Recently, the unit will reduce or increase the volume of the radio and CD without any reason. It usually takes 5 - 10 minutes from a cold start before the fun begins. Then it will reduce the volume to a whisper or crank it too loud to carry on a conversation. Its most noticeable when starting from a stop or increasing or decreasing speed. I took it to the dealer and they said no fault codes were found. They reprogrammed the unit to shut off the automatic audio adjust feature with a laptop and sent me on my way. Within a day the same issues were back again. Is the culprit the controller board, head unit, etc??? Any insights from someone who might have experienced this would be appreciated. Naturally, this was addressed with the dealer at 49,500 miles and I'm now out of warranty... but it shouldn't be an issue since it was only last week. Thank for your input. Alan
Old 08-02-2005, 05:21 PM
liz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd bring it back. doesn't sound like they disconnected it correctly. had mine disconnedted a few mos. ago. have had no problems since. lol