Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

audio 10 trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry audio 10 trouble

I plugged my freshly arrived Audio 10 cd hu it played well but after around 15 seconds I get the f**king "P R O D" message on the display and in the instument cluster, and the unit jammed. What the f**k can I do with that.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350CDI S212, MY2011
"PROD" shown in your Headunit Display

@Virect,
you get the "PROD"-Message because of the theft protection. Your headunit "thinks" it was fitted into the wrong car.

Solution to your problem: see your MB dealer. Using Star Diagnosis, he can enable the headunit to work in your car. Of course your dealer should make sure you are the owner of the headunit.

Background information: quoted from soundlabsgroup.com
"Theft protection is handled by a unit identifier signal over the CANBUS with the vehicle (the devices have no code). This identifier is checked at each operation of the unit. If this identifier is missing, then the radio goes into the PROD lockout mode and can no longer be operated."
Old 03-21-2006, 09:21 PM

Should all Audio 10's throw PROD errors?

I just one off of ebay and it threw a PROD. So what, now I have to go to the dealer and beg them to let it work?

What kind of cost am I looking at? Should I address this with the ebay seller?

I'm really lost here.

What's worse, now my old audio 30 is doing the same thing, so it's a trip to the dealer either way!

Please advise, is anyone around on this forum???
Old 03-22-2006, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I believe you guys need to go to dealer to fix the PROD error.

It's weird though cos I have 2 Audio 10 that I installed on my C and my dad's C, both of them didnt give me PROD error. I heard that when you install it do not turn on your key, this will cause the error.

Good Luck guys
Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 PM

1996 S 420
There are different "Audio 10's" out there. Those for (I believe) the W203 & W209 (model BE6021) don't have codes as cc4469v mentioned before. Others do.

pappaljf: There's nothing your seller can do. It's intrinsic to the unit. That's the way its supposed to be.

Star diagnosis programming will take a full 10 minutes if the tech is drinking coffee. The dealer usually wants to charge a full hour. Hint: have them do it while performing some other serivce.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:40 PM

try removing the fuse for the radio, and then remove the key then restart the car, This should fix it. I have had this problem on occasion with my Audio 10 also. This usually fixes the problem for me.