Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Just saw Pimp My Ride tonight...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Just saw Pimp My Ride tonight...

and saw the most ridiculous thing I have seen. They put the MTX Jackhammer into a Buick Century. I loved bass back in the day but this super sub is too big...the Space Shuttle be the vehicle of choice for this sub.

"MTX's JackHammer subwoofer: Billed as the subwoofer that "other woofers have nightmares about," the MTX JackHammer is a 2-foot tall, 320-pound behemoth that makes you proud to be an American. This 22" subwoofer handles 5,000 watts RMS (up to 10,000 watts peak), and features a 900-ounce (that's a little over 56 pounds, folks) magnet and a 6.5" voice coil. The JackHammer is set up for high SPL (Sound Pressure Level), but you can purchase an replacement cone assembly that allows you to switch quickly to Sound Quality performance (and you don't have to remove the speaker from its enclosure to make the switch). There was a constant crowd around this woofer throughout the show, jaws open, staring in awe as the woofer cone moved in and out. Sometimes excess is a good thing!"
Attached Thumbnails Just saw Pimp My Ride tonight...-jackhammer.jpg  
Old 08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Pimp My Ride is one of the funniest shows ever.
Never take anything on MTV seriously!