Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

First Post: CD Changer models for 02 C240

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C240
Smile First Post: CD Changer models for 02 C240

First of all, I would like to say a big hello to everyone on this forum. I know that I will be here for years to come with my C240. I hope that I will be able to help others as well as others helping me in questions that may come up in the future.

Well, lets get down to the question:
I have been reading around in this forum about Alpine and Becker using fiber optic cables and D2B technology to be compatible witht the 02 C240 in glove-box wiring. I was wondering if anyone knows an exact model of any of these (or other) brands that would work with this set up so that I could look for the specific model. Also, I live in Ontario, Canada, and was wondering if anyone would know where to get the model here.

Well, thanks in advance for your help.

Talk to you guys later

Monty
Old 07-09-2002, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only Alpine changer that will work is the one sold by MB dealers. It is also available from www.autoclass.net for about $400 plus the installation kit and fiber optic cable.

The Becker unit is the Silverstone 2662. It will not fit in the glovebox.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C240
Talking

Hey, thanks for your help. I guess I'll just wait a while, cuz I looked around, and found that only MB has access to these kinds of changers, unless I order from the web somewhere.

Thanks again