Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Motorola Timeport upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver '00 E320
Motorola Timeport upgrade

I have the older Timeport in my 2000 E320 which was originally assigned to AT&T and was verified as working thru Cingular, now that they merged. Cingular tells me (although they don't really want to) that they can activate it but only on a seperate account, since it's analog. I would like to put it on the account with my other cell phones and they are digital.

Iis there a simple way to upgrade to a digital phone in this car that will work in this system without having to change all kinds of boxes and wiring? I've heard of a device for a couple of hundred dollars that will work with most of the features. I think one it won't work with is the steering wheel controls. I would like for it to work with everything.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
try mikbox.com

I also have a timeport but now I get to use any motorola phone I want
Old 08-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Silver '00 E320
That's the one that I heard of that would work but not give all the features. It seems like the volumn adjustments and something else on the steering wheel will not work. There may also be something from the comand system that doesn't fully integrate with it. At $200 for the box, and then to add the phone, I don't know that I would come out any better than handling two seperate cell phone accounts.
Does anyone know of any digital phones on the market that can just plug in and go with this system?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by silver00E320
That's the one that I heard of that would work but not give all the features. It seems like the volumn adjustments and something else on the steering wheel will not work. There may also be something from the comand system that doesn't fully integrate with it. At $200 for the box, and then to add the phone, I don't know that I would come out any better than handling two seperate cell phone accounts.
Does anyone know of any digital phones on the market that can just plug in and go with this system?
I do have the mikbox on my 2002 C32 and it works great! i can use all the buttons on the steering wheel, all the key pads on the command, caller Id works and chain dialing also works. look on mikbox website for all the upgrades that was done.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

here is the link for the functions

http://mikbox.com/index.cgi?i=features