Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SL 500
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

I've ordered my 06 SL500 without the no cost SIRIUS because I don't like the look of the top - of - trunk mounted antenna. Does anyone know if the radio in the SL500 just has to have the SIRIUS functioned activated and have an aftermarket antenna hooked up to it to make it work? In other words, is SIRIUS already installed but not not operable because one did not order the factory mounted antenna? I've read hear and there on these forums that the Sirius option is actually installed at the VPC or the dealer but one person said that the 06 model year cars have it installed in Germany. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
I believe on all 06's and later the SIRIUS wiring is only done in Germany if the SIRIUS antenna is set to be installed at the VPC otherwise they don't do it. On the 05's and earlier they did pre-wiring on all the cars because it was dealer installed option after the car is purchased. However if your going with a aftermarket it might not work with the command unit I'm not sure. I'd just go with the factory install its not the end of the world.

Last edited by RawAMGpower; 08-29-2005 at 02:31 AM.