Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Are "Baby" Dash Speakers Working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
Question Are "Baby" Dash Speakers Working?

Got a '96 SL600 with a factory Bose system installed. Stereo runs great, but seems a bit "bassy". There are two speakers (tweeter & mid-range) in each door, two speakers (tweeter) in each side of the rear deck area behind the seats, and the Bose bass unit behind the driver's seat. Each of these speakers works and produces clear sound. Just overall, the system seems to generate a lot of bass. So, here's the question...

The car had a factory-installed mobile telephone. In each side of the dashboard, there are two small speakers, about 2" in diameter. When using the stereo, no sound ever comes out of these speakers. Are these two speakers associated with the telephone, or the stereo? The factory telephone has long since been removed, so I cannot test the dash speakers.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Clk 500, 2001 c320, 1998 Sl500
yeah i believe that the 2 front dash speakers on the 96-98 sl are for the phone, cause i also have a 98 sl and i dont think they changed anything yet, the front 2 speakers (dash) are i think wired in parallel for use with the telephone