Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ipod volume - before and after the MB Integration kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod volume - before and after the MB Integration kit

hi guys,

really wanted some advice i am about to have installed in my e320cdi the ipod integration kit. at the moment i use a lead through the aux socket and this was a replacement for a creative Zen player.

i have noticed that the Ipod is significantly quieter in terms of volume than the creative, my assumption is that the headphone socket does not go as loud as a line output.

can anyone please confirm if they have found that the line output is better than the headphones, needless to say, i have checked the volume control on the Ipod!!!!

i look forward to your reply

regards

Kerry Burn
Old 09-15-2005, 07:03 AM

'01 SLK320
Kerry,

The line out from the dock port is significantly louder than the headphone jack. It is not controlled by the iPod volume control. Be aware that in some configurations, it can cause distortion as the increased output level can overwelm the assoicated input. This is a common problem with cassette adapters. I have also read of it happening with aux in connections. The problem can be overcome with something like the Belkin line out with volume control, or inserting a headphone volume control between your line out and the input. I suggest you check out ilounge.com forums in the in-car solutions section.

Good luck,
Glenn
Old 09-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Almost a Member!

hi

thanks Glenn i suspected as much and it is good to get it confirmed!

Kerry