Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Retrofit SatNav to 2002 ML320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrofit SatNav to 2002 ML320

I'd like to retrofit SatNav to a 2002 ML320. I've taken out the radio that I currently have an it appears that there are a lot of additional (currently unused) cables in the wiring loom behind the unit which I assume are for SatNav. One looks like an aerial plug and another looks like an RJ45 socket. There are many others. Are these used for SatNav ? I'm assuming that when the car was built, it had a "standard" wiring loom included which allows for SatNav to be retrofitted without a significant amount of additional wiring.

My other question is what head unit(s) would be suitable for this car ? I've seen several different versions and want to know which would work. I'm assuming the answer is not just "any double-din" unit - it must be more specific. If anyone has any part codes for units which they know work on this model of car, I'd appreciate any posts.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-26-2005, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Your model year did not have sat nav. Those plugs you see are for the phone system.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that. Very interesting. It was definitely offered to me when I bought the car from new and I chose not to take the option. Is it standard to include the phone cabling in the wiring loom, but not SatNav ?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
you can retrofit the sat nav in to your existing MCS unit, it prolly even has a DVD button on the screen. You would need to get the NAV DVD or NAV CD drive and install it in to your MCS unit. Then you would need to get what is known as a Canbus adapter for your speed sense wire. You may also want to contact Steve from MbenzNL to see what head units he has for your project