Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Simple Aftermarket Install Questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple Aftermarket Install Questions...

I have an 02 clk430 with stock bose radio w/cd changer. I want to install and after market, touch screen, dvd nav with the ipod hookup and everything. But, I've heard that the factory speakers in a benz will not work with an aftermarket radio. Is this true?

If not, can I install the aftermarket nav by just splicing the appropraite wires and such like a normal car or is there more to it in a benz? I've done about 10 cd head units in my lifetime, each success with ease but I'm wondering if its harder in my car. I really don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no one knows? i just want to know if a simple splice and connect job will work for an aftermarket head unit in a benz. will speakers still work??
Old 10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
No flame here but its time you start STFF the forum. All your questions, on the same subject - audio, have already been answered numerous time. Waiting for an answer to your post takes longer than searching for it yourself.