Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sirius software upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius software upgrade

I just had my 2006 CLK 350 in for its initial visit and I asked if there was a software upgrade for the Sirius that I installed. They checked and there was and they did it. I can't see any differences. I was hoping it would turn a scrolling feature on and also leave the setting for the Album and the Artist fixed instead of automatically reverting to the Channel after about 5 seconds. Does anyone know what the software does, and is there anyway to make these settings stay on the screen and not reverting to the Channel screen?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:35 AM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by wsscott
and also leave the setting for the Album and the Artist fixed instead of automatically reverting to the Channel after about 5 seconds.
That's interesting. If I press info on my C230 (with COMAND) the artist and title information remain till I loose the signal (bridge or something) or I change channel, then I have to press info again to get it back. I have not received an upgrade to the software so this is as the system came back in May.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 AM

That's the way I think it should work, but mine doesn't. Any ideas? It seems to work fine otherwise. Do you get the title or the artist to scroll?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:22 AM

I don't know whether my system has COMMAND or not? Exactly what is it. My headunit is the Harmon/Kardon Logic 7, with a single CD slot in the headunit and a separate changer. No navigation.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
then you do not have a comand system
Old 10-17-2005, 03:22 PM

What makes it a COMMAND System?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:18 PM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by wsscott
What makes it a COMMAND System?
Most people think of COMAND (only one M) as equivalent to having Navigation and most people who have COMAND bought it as an extra mainly for navigation, but if you do a search you will find it is more than that. There are a number of ways of getting the COMAND system for your car and again I would do a search to on this forum to get much more experienced advice than I could even hope to give you, or go and talk to a dealer about it or go and look on the www.mbenznl.com site for some options. It is an expensive route just for the trarck & artist info, but if you you want the other things it offers (such as navigation) as well then it might be an option for you.