Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ipod Too quiet!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI
Ipod Too quiet!!

Have a Ipod Nano connected to a c class with audio 20 and mercedes ipod intergration kit and I find the max volume a little low compared to say the radio or cd probabley a good 30% quieter does anyone know of a way of boosting the volume or something on the nano, I have been searching google and have found a few programs that claim to boost volume but none seem to work any ideas anyone.

p.s this is an UK/e.u Ipod Nano 4GB
Old 10-19-2005, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I find that the volume of most MP3 players is too low in Mercedes cars. Why the factory did not address this in the Ipod kit is beyond me.

For years I have used this headbanger headphone amp for remote broadcast IFB's. It will boost the volume more than enough. For use with the Ipod kit, you need to make some changes. The battery is not needed. Just change the 330 ohm resistor to a 33 microhenry choke and connect to the switched 12 v from the car in the harness. You need ignore the mini connectors on the schematic, and hardwire into the Ipod kit harness. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Ipod Too quiet!!-headbanger.gif  
Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI
Red face

Have no idea what this all means ????