Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sirius in 2004 CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004, CL 500
Sirius in 2004 CL500

I want to activate the sirius sattelite radio in my 2004 CL500. the COMAND system has a button for the SAT. but it doesnt show me where the number of the radio/command system is.. i believe i need that information when i call sirius to activate the system.

Where can i find the info to get this working?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:30 AM

MB SLK280, MB R350
Esn

The ESN is a required number to activate. It should appear on the
COMMAND screen. My new R-class did not have this number.
Had to return to dealer to have it installed then called Sirius.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:26 AM

2004, CL 500
ahhhh.. so the button is there on the command,, but i still need to have something installed ? i guess ill get with my dealer and see how much they wanna rape me for.

thanks for the help.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
You need to have the sirius receiver installed. It is a black box that sits in the rear of the car, and an antenna is installed on the trunk. The kit lists for $ 699. Dealer pays under $500, you can get it for $550 if you smile nicely. There are two versions, one for MOST, and another for D2B fiber optic cables. If you dont know which you have, just take your VIN into the parts department so you get the correct kit. You can install the hardware yourself, but you need to cut a hole in your trunk lid for some versions. There are other antennas that mount with sticky tape, or in the front grill in the hood. Disscuss these aternatives with the dealer folks. Some are willing to assist, others click their heels and just quote the party line of cutting the hole. After installation, the head unit needs to be "version coded" to know a satellite receiver is connected. The dealer connectes a laptop to the car and does some hocus pocus with the bits and bytes. The nav unit will display the ESN (electronic serial number) and the Sirius phone number to call to activate.
The purchase price of the kit includes a 14 month subscription, worth about $ 130.

I know there are $50 solutions to get Sirius in the car, but the integration with the speedo display, Nav display, and use of the wheel buttons are worth the price for me.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
he needs a d2b version