Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Good Inverter that dosen't cause feedback???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C230
Question Good Inverter that dosen't cause feedback???

I just got a MB TV tuner put in my car by Sunman (great job) and the picture is great. Only problem is when I hook my X-box up to it and hook the X-box up to the power inverter I get horrible feedback!!! I have tried lots of inverters, from radio shack, circuit city, best buy, and car toys. None of them stopped the feedback, though some did cause more feedback than others. I was hoping someone knew an inverter that dosen't cause much feedback. Seems that the ones that look like amps cause more feedback than the ones that just kinda fit into the lighter like a lamp or something. I need one that is at least 120w I believe. If anyone knows one plese let me know, thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I have a 300 w (really 200!) inverter from Monster Cable in the back of my wagon. I use it to power a wireless base station for HD video assist. I don't see any interference on the monitor or hear any noise in the sound.

There are two sources of noise from this type of inverter. The first is radiated through the air, like a radio station. The cure for this is to move the inverter away from the TV tuner, or other device "receiving" the noise. The other source of noise is that reflected back through 12V power line. This can be filtered with a choke installed in series with the power wire. The size and inductance of the choke is determined by the power consumed by the inverter.

Here is a link to the Inverter I use:

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=2720