Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Self-install Sirius (x-post from E55)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Self-install Sirius (x-post from E55)

My '06 E55 has a 5/05 build date so I'm assuming it is pre-wired for sirius. Any way to check this?
Second question- how hard is oem sirius to self-install? I don't trust dealer to do a rear package shelf install (vs trunk) so I want to do it myself. I installed oem sirius on my bmw e39 and it was super easy. I would appreciate any info from anybody who has tried it (extra points for detailed instructions and/or pix)
Thanks
Old 01-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350
Really need a more detailed description of your MOST configuration to help you. Attached is a full compliment of MOST components for your car and you can see where the Satellite Radio goes.

The Radio installation itself should be fairly easy as there are only the MOST fiber, 12V, GND and a Wake-up line. The Wake-up bus connector should be near the driver door edge below the carpet with all pink wires. The antenna placement and installation is much more troublesome. After that, you will need MB to configure it in t he MOST master for you.
Attached Thumbnails Self-install Sirius (x-post from E55)-w211-most.gif  

Last edited by CalifSLK; 01-07-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, dealer visit required?

Thanks - does this mean a dealer visit is required even if I install myself.? Also, the install looks way more complicated than my BMW install - that took about 5 minutes for radio install (just plug it in and screw it to existing bracket) and about 30 minutes to thread antenna wire from trunk to package shelf - no dealer visit required.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK 350
Yes, the MB system require you to register it in the the MOST system master, in this case the AGW. I think once you insert it into the MOST ring. It would recognize the devices before the new device but would not recognize the new device until they program it in.

Tell your service writer what you want him to do and make a service appointment before you start.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:21 PM

02 ML320, 06 E350
best bet is to let the dealer do the work the fiber-optic cables are expensive and hard to replace if you break them. Its easy to pull out a broken fiber cable but putting a new one in without breaking it is tricky.