Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

New sirius antenna color matched

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New sirius antenna color matched

Hey guys
I wanted to get any opinions as to the look of the new Sirius antenna's
MB is putting on the trunk of the 2006's I have seen at some dealers.They are color matched to the car color and are about the size of a quarter.The older rubber hockey pucks were terrible but these I didn't think were that bad. I would think it would get better reception on the trunk than on the rear deck under the rear glass.
Any opinions which way to go I will be retro fitting my 2006 in the near future.
Thanks Bob
Black 2006 E350 4matic
premium pack,nav,logic7 etc
and soon sirius i hope
Old 01-06-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
dunno...

I had Sunman put the antenna (regular sirius antenna - black magnetic) on my rear deck. I would do that if i were you, but its personal taste. I live in NJ and about the only time i lose signal is under large bridges/tunnels and when i'm on roads that are totally tree covered. This may happen once in an hour of driving to give you an idea of how infrequent it is. Of course, the leaves aren't back out yet so who knows what the spring brings!

Aceman
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Antenna

Thanks for the advice
My car(2006e350) was not pre-wired so i am waiting a replacement harness they say they will
have soon. I would like MB to do, so if any problems it will still be covered by the warranty.I hope it comes soon. Did he have to use a splitter or adaptor to use the sirius antenna vs the MB antenna. Do u have a picture of the antenna inside the car??
Thanks again bob