Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Question regarding uninstall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E230 CDI
Question regarding uninstall

I would like to have my 6-disc CD changer removed for a future project. The dealer wants to charge me 1hr labor just to deprogram the COMAND to not look for it. Does anyone know how long the software/programming takes for this? I seems all they would just plug into the car click a few button and it’s done? Of course I get that all the time and its never that easy.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
the comand couldn't care less - there is no programming in there for CD changers...the AGW has to be programmed for MOST options that the car has...and that AGW works without having the CDc removed in the programming as well...
Programming might take up to 20-25 minutes if they have to start star up...it isn't exactly the fastest compu system around and exchanging data with a 211 takes extremely looonnnggg...

greetingz,
Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 PM

2005 E230 CDI
Thanks for the reply. I know it wouldn't be as easy as I thought.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:02 PM

2005 E230 CDI
Ran into an issue at the dealer when

I took the car in today and talked to the tech that would be doing the work. He seems to think that because the CDc was "factory installed" that it cant be removed, because it would be creating a gap or break in the fiber optic system of the AGW and that he would have to rig something up to patch the link and it was going to take 3 hours.

I explained to him that it is an option and the car could have come without it. The came back with; "All of the US spec cars are coming with them now and that with the earlier W211's that came without them and had one installed at the dealer got a different one." I told him not to do anything and I'd do some more research. I find it hard to believe that it CAN'T be done. I just think that because it's such and odd request it stumped him.

Anyone with the know-how want to do a step-by-step write-up or have any info to confirm or deny what my tech is saying is true? (You'll be compensated for you time.)
Old 01-13-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Remove the changer

Take the fiber connector apart

Using a coupler, connect the fiber ends together.

Part No. 000-545-4484 ..... I think

Then using the DAs system, realign the fiber loop by scanning the MOST components and having the ACTUAL match the ones in the PRESENT
Old 01-15-2006, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
so if i take out my mb cd changer i HAVE to use a "coupler" to connect the fiber ends together?