Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Adding AUX to COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
Adding AUX to COMAND

I have a 2002 c230 coupe. I replaced my CM1010 with a Euro COMAND 2.0. I have BOSE and CD Changer already installed, everything works great. I am trying to add an AUX IN for my iPod. I saw a few older posts where people used headphones and pinned them into the C1/C2 connector. Most of the threads are ancient, so I didn't bother reopening them, and none seemed to answer my question 100%. I can do this easily, but I just want to make sure this will work on the COMAND 2.0. I already have the diagram for the pins. Will I only need to pin the AUX LEFT and AUX RIGHT? or do i need something for the AUX SHIELD as well? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
You will need pin to left, right and one negative(-). I use a female mini-stereo plug from Radio Shack to fabricate the AUX input for my Sirius radio. What I didn't like was the US Comand doesn't save the AUX audio setting after you turn off the radio. So every time I turn on the car I need to set the bass and treble. Then I switched to the Sirius FM wired modulator but don't like it now because I can still hear static. Tomorrow I am going back to the AUX input because it produces the cleanest sound so far. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
Does the negative go into the shield pin? Where does the other end go? I have my headphone plug already...one end has a 1/8'' connector for the iPod, and the other end has two wires....which I assume are left and right. I have the Euro model, so I wont have to worry about re-setting the bass/treble everytime. Thanks.