Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command, radio, nav won't come on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command, radio, nav won't come on

Last week I bought my wife a 2003 c320. We noticed that the radio wouldn't play. Someone had removed the cd changer from the glove box. So I removed my cd changer from my 2002 cl500 and installed it in her car and her radio came right on. But now I have the same problem she had. Yesterday I took my car to the Mercedes dealership so they could hook the computer to the car to bypass my cd changer but even after doing so my command still wouldn't power back up. Is there some sort of fuse behind the command unit that could have blown? They said it looked like someones been fooling around behind my command unit and hot glued and screwed it into the car and didn't want to go any futher.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by jmws2006
Last week I bought my wife a 2003 c320. We noticed that the radio wouldn't play. Someone had removed the cd changer from the glove box. So I removed my cd changer from my 2002 cl500 and installed it in her car and her radio came right on. But now I have the same problem she had. Yesterday I took my car to the Mercedes dealership so they could hook the computer to the car to bypass my cd changer but even after doing so my command still wouldn't power back up. Is there some sort of fuse behind the command unit that could have blown? They said it looked like someones been fooling around behind my command unit and hot glued and screwed it into the car and didn't want to go any futher.
The optical ring is open when the changer is missing. Buy a $2 optical joiner and complete the loop.

The technicians are scaring me.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:24 PM

I don't think that would work because I even tried putting my cd changer back in and it still didn't power up. I think the owner before did some sort of rewiring back there where the amp and cd changer goes. He may have had some sort of speakers or something but I can tell someone's been fooling around back there. I see a couple of exposed wires back there, that's why I think I may have blown a fuse somewhere when I tried to put the amp back.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by jmws2006
I don't think that would work because I even tried putting my cd changer back in and it still didn't power up. I think the owner before did some sort of rewiring back there where the amp and cd changer goes. He may have had some sort of speakers or something but I can tell someone's been fooling around back there. I see a couple of exposed wires back there, that's why I think I may have blown a fuse somewhere when I tried to put the amp back.
How is anyone on the forum going to know how to solve that ? It looks like you need some open panel surgery.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by benzmodz
How is anyone on the forum going to know how to solve that ? It looks like you need some open panel surgery.
I was wondering is there a fuse in the back of the command unit (to make a long story short).