Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Pls Pls Help! Aftermarket HU, No Sound :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pls Pls Help! Aftermarket HU, No Sound :(

I finally got power to my HU by connecting the constant 12v and ACC(cigarette lighter wire) together. The constant doesn't seem to be working from the car (red/blue 10ag wire). I get the power light but when I press the power button it won't cut on when connected regular.

Anyway now that I can at least turn it on, I have no sound. I have a hi-lo converter between the HU and harness. It is a Bose factory system. Is there a remote turn on wire for the bose amp? If so what color. I see plenty have aftermarket cd players and screens installed. Could you please tell me step by step what you did?

Solution for the constant 12v problem I'm having would also be appreciated. The freakin car audio places around here don't know squat about MBs

2002 CLK320 with bose system and cd changer
Old 03-22-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 S 420
let me see if I understand...you installed a line converter (reduces speaker level to pre-amp level)? I'm not positive, but I believe you don't need to do that in your car. That would explain no sound. Most MB radios feed the amps with speaker level inputs.

Maybe an expert will chime in...