Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

XM in CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK350
XM in CLK

Hi guys
Just picked up my first MB, a 2006 CLK350. Question, what is the best way to get XM in my car? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 CLK 55 AMG
XM in MB

I have a 2004 CLK 55 Convirtible and I bought the Audiovox XM Xpress. It cost about $50 and sometimes even has mail in rebates. It has a built in FM transmitter, that actually works really well inside the cabin. I currently have the XM antenna just thrown on the dash (it is Tax season and I just bought the car, will find time later to run it better). The Audiovox comes with everything you need - Car charger, 25 foot antenna, FM transmitter (built it) and it runs on all frequencies, and a mounting kit. Mine currenlty just sits in my ash tray and leans against the A/C controls. I have a Ten Technologies Ipod cradle/charger that my Ipod mounts to. I play my Ipod through a cassette tape adaptor (Sony $20 at BestBuy) - Believe it or not the cassette adaptor sounds great, you could also play your XM that wau if the FM transmitter is not working for you.

You have to love a company that builds cars in the $150,000 range every day and only spends about $75 on their stereo systems.

When anyone ask, I always say that the car is PERFECT, exempt the stereo. The stereo is about the same a a Kia. Jenson makes a better system. - But ohwell, at least your 06 has the Harmin Kardin, instead of the BLOSE.