Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

06 CLK 350 subwoofer installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLK 350 subwoofer installation

Anyone know if i can add another amplifier for subs for my car, I dont know if there are any pre-amps on the back of the deck, i Dont have Nav, just the regular CD/Sat/am fm radio.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yuou are correct in saying this thread sucks, but anyway. You will need what is called a Hi to low adapter. U have to tap into a pair so speakers and run the two wires per speaker to the adapter and then youo have RCA on the other side. Some amps have this built in, just check for something like high input or speaker input, something like that. I would say to ditch the MB head unit and get aftermarket. Or, if all hell broke loose and u woulndt give up ur mb head unit, get something like the Jl CLean Sweep or the Rockford Fosgate 360, these process the signal and clean it up and even it out(most factory head units tend to be mid-bassy) and get RCA's. the only downside to all this goodness is both cost about 350 bucks. I would say to solve alot of headaches now, just get a new head unit, the hi to low converter will not work miricals, is just converts what it gets.
Enjoy yourself on your audiophile journeys.