Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes newbie....help with bluetooth in 04 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Mercedes newbie....help with bluetooth in 04 E500

So I'm the proud new papa of an 04 E500. Silver, black interior, NAV, KeylessGo, Drive Dynamic seats, heated/AC seats, appearance package, the whole enchilada. I've scoured this message board looking for a bluetooth solution for my car. What I've found is a bunch of acronyms that don't mean much to me. Example, UHI, MHI, AWS, blah blah blah, you all know what I'm talking about. My car DOES NOT have the factory installed phone. What I think I've figured out is that I have two options.

Option 1. Have MB install the phone system at some crazy price (2 grand I think I read) then buy a cradle and then buy the bluetooth module and install in that cradle.

Option 2. Install aftermarket bluetooth that fully integrates with COMAND. I believe it's called EuroCarPhone or something like that. But I think that that needs the phone installed by MB as well, but not sure. I checked their (EuroCarPhone) website and they say that it's not availible until Q2 for my car.

So, my questions are these:

1. Are these my only two options?

2. Is there a way to add bluetooth that FULLY intergrates without having the phone system installed by MB?

Sorry for asking the same questions that have probably been asked a billion times before but I'm just confusing myself by looking at all of the differnet posts.

Thanks.