Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Alpine's New IVA-W200: Work in W203?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
Alpine's New IVA-W200: Work in W203?

Hey guys,

One of the big issues for new headunits has always been the optical stereo cable on the Bose systems. Since I've got that in my 32, I've decided it's finally time to get rid of the stock radio and support my XM and, more importantly, my iPod. In addition, Alpine's Bluetooth functionality is very appealing. Furthermore (can you tell I'm in law school yet, with all these sentence intros?), filling up the dual DIN space would be a cleaner look.

Now, I hate stereo install shops with a passion, and Crutchfield has been of no help in answering this question: The IVA-W200 has optical outputs; will this allow me to drop it in (I'll have an installer do it, I'm not so good at wiring) and not have to replace all the speakers? I'm thinking if there is optical out that it should be able to talk to the speakers. I'm not opposed to replacing all the speakers, but I'd rather save the cash for other things (a new MacBook Pro, and maybe an added woofer to the car for a little more thump in the trunk).

Thoughts?