Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bluetooth Puck holdup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,246 Likes on 2,021 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Bluetooth Puck holdup

From what I understand, there are about 3000 Bluetooth pucks (V60) in the supply chain channel for Mercedes dealers.

There are on hold not due to technology issues but because of incomplete documentation related to compatibility.

Very annoying

Wolfman
Old 04-26-2006, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500
That would seem to be an easy holdup to break. These are Mercedes products, right? So the compatibility list should be simple - "none" :-)

So I'm grumpy because I'm still waiting to be able to upgrade on my S-E T637 phone, hearing that even it isn't compatible with the Mercedes BT solution, and jealous of the Toyota Prius BT implementation that "just works" perfectly even with an ancient S-E T610, including phone book download.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned

Stupid Pucking Puck

Hi Gents, I just called AWS to feel them out, here is what I got:

1) The puck won't be available for 60days (at least)
2) The puck REQUIRES you to have a V60 compatible phone system in the car
3) The puck will only work with about 5 phones

I told the fellow that I had an 01 E class with a timeport (which is
absolutely true) and he said I needed to go to the dealer and get it upgraded
to work with the V60 - ie. new PSE and new cradle. I mentioned that the dealers don't have any of that any more because the V60 isn't 911 compatible and he said he didn't know anything about that.

Looking at the puck, it is the same as the bmw puck built by motorola, so it
won't work with many phones - thats for sure.
I called my dealer and they quoted "about 1800" to do the upgrade to the v60 but couldn't tell me a set price because the parts don't show in their system (no kidding, they don't sell them anymore).

I am glad I went ahead and got a kit from http://www.EuroCarPhone.com - I have it all NOW and don't have to wait for a kit that may or may not work in the future.
Plus, I had nothing to lose b/c their support techs said there is a 30 day guarantee.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Ardbenz=yami?

Same post?

You decide-be truthful or do NOT post...where are the moderators? this is flaming advertisement.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,246 Likes on 2,021 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Agreed.

Plus there is no way that I would choose an $800 Argos (plus installation) over a $275 plug-n-play puck (which will be the list price at the MB dealer, from what I understand).
I am sure it won't work for all phones, but the fault doesn't only lie with Motorola or Mercedes; several providers disable certain Bluetooth features on their phones as well.

Btw. if somebody doesn't have a V60 setup, I have seen complete V60 MB kits with voice control control go for around $150 on ebay.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Agreed.

... there is no way that I would choose an $800 Argos (plus installation) over a $275 plug-n-play puck (which will be the list price at the MB dealer, from what I understand).
What about the folks who did not get the phone option with the car? I've heard my '06 is not pre-wired. For me, the Mercedes solution would be $$$. The $800 Argos would be easier and cheaper (if it works).
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM

11 E550A Cabrio; 13 VW GTI Autob 14 FJ Cruiser, 14 Ural GearUp
Still confused

Sorry to all but I'm still confused. According to the sticker, my car is pre-wired for a phone.

I think I have to have the cradle installed for a v60 phone into which the "puck" will be placed. Then, I think, my Cingular Motorola Razr will function. I have verified that I have the proper software version on my phone: R374_G_OE.40.57R

If the aforementioned is a correct understanding, I would appreciate a simple and non-technical response. And if anyone could give me an idea of what I can expect to pay for the cradle installation, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance and pardon my confusion.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by NewMoses
What about the folks who did not get the phone option with the car? I've heard my '06 is not pre-wired. For me, the Mercedes solution would be $$$. The $800 Argos would be easier and cheaper (if it works).
Your '06 is prewired for the latest MHI system. If you want the factory hands-free kit you can have it installed at any time.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer
Sorry to all but I'm still confused. According to the sticker, my car is pre-wired for a phone.

I think I have to have the cradle installed for a v60 phone into which the "puck" will be placed. Then, I think, my Cingular Motorola Razr will function. I have verified that I have the proper software version on my phone: R374_G_OE.40.57R

If the aforementioned is a correct understanding, I would appreciate a simple and non-technical response. And if anyone could give me an idea of what I can expect to pay for the cradle installation, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance and pardon my confusion.

Your '05 is factory pre-wired for the MHI hands-free system. If you have MHI already installed, you just need the MHI Bluetooth Interface Module. It'll click in place of the cradle on the connector in the center console.

If you don't have MHI, you'll need to have the system installed first.

Regarding pricing, the BT interface is about $350. If you need the complete sytem installed first, it's about $1000 more without VR or installation. Ask your dealer for a quote.

The "Puck" is another part and it's for upgrading/retrofitting '02 - '05 cars with the previous generation V60 hands-free system already installed to operate with new Bluetooth handsets.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfman
From what I understand, there are about 3000 Bluetooth pucks (V60) in the supply chain channel for Mercedes dealers.

There are on hold not due to technology issues but because of incomplete documentation related to compatibility.

Very annoying

Wolfman
They're out, you're dealer can order them now!