Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

How to add a power sub on a 2005 E500 with H/K Logic-7 system ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500, SL500
How to add a power sub on a 2005 E500 with H/K Logic-7 system ???

Does anyone know how I can hook-up a powered sub woffer to my Harmon Kardon Logic-7 system......
Old 04-30-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
has anyone even done it before? not as many mods over here as there are at bmw.... mbz drivers seem to buy their cars and leave em alone.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It can be done. A lot of people just dont like to since MB uses fibre optics cabling which are hard to manipulate and thats why most just leave their cars alone. But if your battery is in the trunk, you can easily wire the amp then use the rear sub out highs from your system using a signal module that changes the speaker highs to rca low sysgnal that the amp reads.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Originally Posted by Dogshine
has anyone even done it before? not as many mods over here as there are at bmw.... mbz drivers seem to buy their cars and leave em alone.
It has been done and is quite easy. If you have a powered sub (i.e. Infinity Basslink), there are only 3 wires that need to be connected. 1st wire is the Power wire connected directly to the positive terminal of the batter. The 2nd wire is the Ground. And the 3rd wire is the turn-on lead (speaker-level output). This wire is tap into any speaker wire from the car (subwoofer at rear deck) or directly to the amp in the trunk. When you turn on the factory headunit, this triggers the amp to turn on also. The hardest part for me was deciding on how to mount the subwoofer without drilling holes anywhere. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
That's what I did

Originally Posted by diamondblak05
It has been done and is quite easy. If you have a powered sub (i.e. Infinity Basslink), there are only 3 wires that need to be connected. 1st wire is the Power wire connected directly to the positive terminal of the batter. The 2nd wire is the Ground. And the 3rd wire is the turn-on lead (speaker-level output). This wire is tap into any speaker wire from the car (subwoofer at rear deck) or directly to the amp in the trunk. When you turn on the factory headunit, this triggers the amp to turn on also. The hardest part for me was deciding on how to mount the subwoofer without drilling holes anywhere. Good luck.
Infinity sounds great in my CLS~~!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
I don't believe the fiber optic thing, it may be true for signal (CD changer ---> HU --> amp), but for speaker cable?? i doubt it.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Originally Posted by traumadoc
Infinity sounds great in my CLS~~!
I'm curious...as to how you mounted your subwoofer? Thanks.