Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Regional Code for Command Nav for 2006 ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regional Code for Command Nav for 2006 ML

I need to know how I would be able to find the regional code for the command system. I have an '06 ML 500 with navigation and am sending it to Europe. I was told that all I need to do is find out the regional code and I can have it programmed to work in Europe (Greece). This way I do not have to replace the entire head unit to be compatible for radio and navigation for europe. Can anyone help me find out the regional code for Greece for my command system in order to have it reprogrammed?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:50 PM

2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
Region 2

This is the first thing that popped up when I searched on Google, http://hometheater.about.com/cs/dvdl...gioncodesa.htm

Last edited by morph860; 05-01-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:06 PM

Thanks for that bit of info.... My question to that is, I know this is the case for dvd players, is it the same concept for the command nav system? This needs to be done through the programming of the system and I found someone that actually does this for a reasonable price but he just needs the regional code for the system. He told me the regional code of Greece will also enable the language for the country and also the radio frequency. He said that europe has 2 different regional codes which is exactly true on what you sent me for dvd players but my concern is more the nav system and the radio is it the same?. Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 05:13 PM

2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
You might want to check with Steve over at MBenzNL, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Region 2 this type of DVD as well. www.mbenznl.com
Old 05-01-2006, 05:26 PM

Thanks!! I guess I have to see what they can do or suggest. If anyone else has any idead please feel free letting me know.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:31 PM

I sent Steve an email and hopefully he will respond with any suggestions. Does anyone else know anything about this? I am really frustrated and need some help.

Thnaks Everyone
Old 05-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
the US M-classes use an alpine MCS II headunit with (or without) navigation drive...these are US-ONLY units and there are NO discs in europe that work with that unit (as far as I know).

swapping your US spec MCS II for a eurospec COMAND is the only thing you can do to get full use of the mercedes headunit in europe

greetingz,